…and in a fit of early morning motivation, I’ve built a parked page for the front of the site.
Firstly, I set the DNS servers for the domain to be my hosting company (this seemed to take about 10 minutes to propogate – I’m sure it should have been hours).
Then I stole a markup template from dev.mobi. Those who know me probably realise I know how to bootstrap an HTML page 🙂 but I took the template approach to 1) get an idea of the sort of page structure the .mobi guys were recommending, and 2) get the declarations and DTDs right. I can never remember that stuff.
I rationalised the in-line CSS a bit since some style attributes were duplicated in the template, and I’m still assuming that every byte counts in mobile. Then uploaded.
Looks OK in Internet Explorer:
Looks OK in Firefox (give or take some anti-aliasing):
Looks OK in some device emulators:
(although I can already see I’ll need to learn something about font sizing…)
Most importantly, it seems to work on a real phone.
So far, so easy 🙂