It feels strange blogging these days. Everything appears to fly past on Twitter instead.
But just an update on some things going on here. Firstly my movements, recently and soon:
- Mobile World Congress, Barcelona (it was OK)
- SXSW, Austin (not much mobile zeitgeist, and I felt old)
- A family skiing holiday (amazing snow for late March)
- CTIA in Las Vegas (my favourite city, ahem… but Mobile Jam will be cool)
- WWW2008 in Beijing (4 years since I was there last – will I recognise it?)
- MoMo Summit in Malaysia (2 years, but ditto)
There’s certainly no shortage of mobile-related shows on at at the moment. Plenty of gigs containing the words “mobile”, “web”, “2.0″ again this year. I think there are another two Spring events in London that I’ve missed from my list – and after all that I know I’m still, sadly, missing another sponsoree, Over The Air.
Secondly, things going on at dotMobi and elsewhere:
- DeviceAtlas (launched last month, roaring success, 1,000 users already, yes I wrote some of the code)
- Find.mobi (none of my code! but try flight codes and currency questions…)
- Dev.mobi (going from strength to strength…. 10,000 users)
- http://447867554666.mobi/ (and similar… interesting idea, no?)
- MetaJam (already paying some of the household bills; thanks AdMob!)
- HotTwit (a bit of malformed fun; probably could do more with it)
- IvyRoot (not even ready for prime-time on my own brain yet)
- Erlang (a solution looking for me to find a problem for)
So, I guess this blog post is sort of an almanac of what’s going on in my life, circa Q1 2008.
If you’re at any of the upcoming events above, I’ll see you soon. If you have any comments on these various projects, let me know