The dotMobi WordPress Mobile Pack is a complete toolkit to help mobilize your WordPress site and blog.
The plugin includes a mobile switcher to select themes based on the type of user that is visiting the site, a selection of mobile themes, extra widgets, device adaptation and a mobile administration panel to allow users to edit the site or write new posts when out and about.
- Mobile switcher to detect mobile visitors and provide an appropriate experience
- Base mobile theme for quick-and-easy XHTML-MP compliance
- Extended mobile themes so you can unleash your mobile creativity
- Transcoding and device adaptation to optimise the mobile experience
- DeviceAtlas integration for world-class adaptation
- Mobile admin panel for when posts can’t wait
- Mobile ad widget to make you some money
- Barcode widget to help users bookmark your blog
I have a lot of fun writing this plugin and there’s a bunch of cool ideas we have for the future. Check out the Assembla project to see the work as it happens – and maybe toss us some new ideas too.
It’s always a work in progress, but thousands of users seem happy enough so far. See what you think…